Easy paella recipe chicken and prawn is a quick and tasty rice dish for those who don’t have time or simply don’t want to get in so much trouble. Furthermore, it’s great for beginners.
As a sort of mixed paella, it combines seafood, meat, and vegetables, as all paella types contain some vegetables. In this case, chicken and prawns are the main guests in the dish, so, if you were looking for chicken and prawn recipe ideas, here you are.
Considering this should be easy and quick, my proposal is to use a chicken base as stock, but I would encourage you to make your own chicken stock, as it’s very straight forward.
Easy Paella Recipe Chicken and Prawn Ingredients
🥘 Difficulty: Easy
🥘 Servings: 4
🥘 Nutrition: 400 Kcal
- 400g (30 Tbs) paella rice
- 800g (60 Tbs) chicken stock
- 8 prawns or shrimps (preferably fresh)
- 4 boneless chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium-size onion (skip to ease the process)
- 200g (1 cup) tomato puree or grated
- 1 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
How to Cook Easy Paella Recipe Chicken and Prawn
🥘 Prep time: 15′
🥘 Cooking time: 40′
This easy paella recipe chicken and prawn don´t cheat anybody: it’s easy!! and it has chicken and prawns 😉 But at the same time keeps the essence of real paella if you follow the straight-forward method I’m going to show you.
Furthermore, to ease even more things, you don’t need a proper paella pan, it will be fine with some large-diameter casserole or frying pan or a large skillet with a shallow depth (even better).
- Prepare the meat stock (Definitely skip this step to ease and speed up the process).Boil a chicken carcass, onion, carrot, and garlic with a bit of olive oil for about 25min
- Chop the red pepper. The piece sizes do not matter, but in order to extract all the flavor, I would do small pieces.
- Finely chop the onion. Very finely, I prefer
- Heat up the paella pan. Over medium heat, pour the oil until it gets pretty warm
- Add in the onion. Sauté for a couple of minutes
- Add the pepper. Stir and sauté until soften
- Put in the chicken. Put aside the pepper and onion or take them out from the pan. Then, add the chicken pieces and sauté until browned
- Pour the grated tomato. Stir while it soft fries. (Put the chicken aside before, if preferred)
- Add in the garlic, parsley, and sweet paprika. Stir
- Add the rice in. Stir until it gets oil coated.
- Mix everything in. Add all the ingredients but the stock and sauté for a little while
- Pour the stock, previously warmed. Including salt and saffron if desired. Taste it to see if you are happy with the salt amount. Stir for the last time
- Let it boil (About 15 min). And immediately before the rice absorbs all the stock…
- Turn down the heat (very low heating). And cover the pan or the casserole. Let it cook for 15 min
- Turn off the heat. The rice should repose now for about 5 min and serve. You can decorate it with lemon.
- Enjoy this quick and easy paella! And comment here how did you like it
If you prefer something different, what about paella negra?
More recipes with prawns you will love